The Grant Chapel Family Welcomes a New Ministry
Mediocrity attacks Excellence but BTCH Encourages Excellence!
Bring That College Home Ministry (BTCH) was an idea born out of the outreach efforts of the Women’s Missionary Society. This ministry was introduced to the Grant Chapel congregation for the first time on our first Recognition Sunday held on March 25, 2012. The Grant Family lead by the WMS paused to financially bless (3) of our recent University graduates:
- Javaris Polk – Tennessee State University
- Britney Allen – Alabama A&M University
- Cardell Abbott – Alabama A&M University
On June 24, 2012 BTCH celebrated our second Recognition Sunday. We recognized (6) May graduates with a financial love offering:
- Marquita Leonard – Bevill State University Degree in Applied Science AND/RN
- Logan Dawson – North Carolina University Double Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology and Marine Science
- Reverend Sheryl Shipman – University of Alabama at Birmingham Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in English
- Reverend Roderick Callins – Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, Master of Divinity Degree
- Wesley D. Sims – University of Alabama in Birmingham Master of Engineering Degree
- Pamela Fisher – Grand Canyon University Master of Education Degree
The purpose of this Ministry is to support (through quarterly monetary gifts and care packages) to Encourage and Inform (through cards, telephone calls, text messages, e-mails, face book, newsletter etc.) our college and university students so that they are ever aware that they are connected to a Special Church Family here at Grant. This ministry is supported by the financial contributions of the Grant Church family.